TECHNICAL DATA SHEET
Mastech Butyl Joint Sealant is a rubber based high performance, permanent adhesive and flexible sealants with the rope forms. Mastech butyl sealants are suitable for the reliable and long lasting sealing of joints, cracks, seams and overlapping in the entire construction area. It is flexible, non-hardening, non-drying, non-oxidizing. Butyl Joint Sealant is compatible with concrete, galvanized and coated metals, steel, aluminium, PVC, glass, plexiglas, polycarbonate, wood, fiber cement and many other construction materials.
Areas of Use
- Repairing of concrete surface defects prior to waterproofing membrane installation in salty environments.
- Overlap, repairing and details of bentonite membranes in contact with salt water.
- Flashing material around parapets and any kind of penetrations like pipes, cables and rods.
- Sealing at waterproofing terminations, connections and continuity of different type of waterproofing materials.
- Fillet material at horizontal and vertical corners.
- Continuity of waterproofing systems in pile heads of foundations and reinforcing rods in piles.
- Repairs in damaged waterproofing membranes in salty and chemical environments.
Features and Benefits
- Expands in contact with salt and brackish water
- Easy to apply by trowel
- Excellent adhesion to all surfaces
- Solvent free
- Not contain bitumen, tar, asbestos, etc.
Typical Physical Properties
Packaging : 15 kg pails
Color : Grey
Water absorption capacity : 300%
Specific Gravity : 1.5gr/cm3
Odor : Mild
Toxicity : No