TECHNICAL DATA SHEET
Mastech BENTOPASTE is a trowel grade expanding sealant that consists of factory pre-hydrated natural sodium bentonite and butyl rubber that specifi- cally formulated for sealing, grouting and repairing purposes. It is used in variety of surface preparation, overlap, finishing, penetration and repairing details of waterproofing membranes. It can be used on all surfaces and their connections like structural concrete, masonry, wood, metal surfaces, cement or polymeric waterproofing materials as well as rubber, plastic, bituminous and bentonite membranes.
Areas of Use
- Repairing of concrete surface defects prior to waterproofing membrane installation.
- Overlap, repairing and details of bentonite membranes.
- Flashing material around parapets and any kind of penetrations like pipes, cables and rods.
- Sealing at waterproofing terminations, connections and continuity of different types of waterproofing materials.
- Fillet material at horizontal and vertical corners.
- Continuity of waterproofing systems in pile heads of foundations and reinforcing rods in piles.
- Repairs in damaged waterproofing membranes.
Features and Benefits
- Expands in contact with water
- Easy to apply by trowel
- Excellent adhesion to all surfaces
- Solvent free
- Not contain bitumen, tar, asbestos, etc.
Typical Physical Properties
Packaging : 15 kg pails
Color : Dark Green
Water absorption capacity : 300%
Specific Gravity : 1.5gr/cm3
Odor : Mild
Toxicity : No