TECHNICAL DATA SHEET
Mastech BENTOPASTE-SW is a trowel grade expanding sealant that consists of factory pre-hydrated natural sodium bentonite and butyl rubber that specifically formulated for sealing, grouting and repairing purposes in contact with salt and brackish water. It is used in variety of surface prepara- tion, overlap, finishing, penetration and repairing details of waterproofing membranes. It can be used on all surfaces and their connections like struc- tural concrete, masonry, wood, metal surfaces, cement or polymeric water- proofing materials as well as rubber, plastic, bituminous and bentonite membranes.
Areas of Use
- Repairing of concrete surface defects prior to waterproofing membrane installation in salty environments.
- Overlap, repairing and details of bentonite membranes in contact with salt water.
- Flashing material around parapets and any kind of penetrations like pipes, cables and rods.
- Sealing at waterproofing terminations, connections and continuity of different type of waterproofing materials.
- Fillet material at horizontal and vertical corners.
- Continuity of waterproofing systems in pile heads of foundations and reinforcing rods in piles.
- Repairs in damaged waterproofing membranes in salty and chemical environments.
Features and Benefits
- Expands in contact with salt and brackish water
- Easy to apply by trowel
- Excellent adhesion to all surfaces
- Solvent free
- Not contain bitumen, tar, asbestos, etc.
Typical Physical Properties
Packaging : 15 kg pails
Color : Grey
Water absorption capacity : 300%
Specific Gravity : 1.5gr/cm3
Odor : Mild
Toxicity : No